Training and development opportunities for Utes and other Native Americans.
The Ute Mountain Learning Center is proud to provide job training, development support, and scholarship counseling assistance to Tribal members interested in healthcare and related career opportunities.
Participants will benefit from a wide range of programs to gain marketable, high-growth, high paying jobs in healthcare. 14 certificate areas are geared to both hands-on healthcare and office positions, such as Certified Nurse Assistant, Emergency Medical Tech, Medical Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Laboratory Technician, Radiology Technician, Registered Nurse, et al.
Ute Mountain Learning Center will counsel and assist students in registering for classes, provide tutoring and childcare, developing skills, and encourage each person to reach their full potential. Our various programs and classes are available for youth and adults and are made possible through grants and partnerships with local and Regional training centers and Universities.
Careers in healthcare are predicted to be among the fastest-growing occupations, with average salaries ranging from $35,000 for CNA to $60,000 for RN.
For more information please contact the Ute Mountain Learning Center office for more details.
Adults living in Towaoc and Montezuma County, or in the extended municipalities of Farmington (NM), Ignacio (CO), and/or Blanding (UT) may apply. Current or new TANF clients are especially welcome!
Health Professionals Opportunity Grant (HPOG)
What is an HPOG “program”?
- Develop skills and competencies demanded by the healthcare industry
- Support career pathways, such as an articulated career ladder (see below)
- Result in an employer or industry-recognized credential (licensure, college degree, etc.)
- Combine supportive services with education
- Training to help participants overcome barriers to employment.
For those who meet eligibility standards and can enroll in HCUTE, the program currently trains clients to enter into the following positions (in high demand for our region):
Our HCUTE programs:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Emergency Medical Tech (EMT)
- Medical Assistant
- Surgical Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Laboratory Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Our HCUTE allies and affiliates:
- Cortez Workforce Center
- Unlimited Learning Center (Cortez)
- Southwest Colorado Community College
- San Juan College
- Utah State University-Blanding
- Southwest Colorado Area Health Education Center
- Southwest Regional Workforce Board
- Colorado Rural Workforce Consortium
- Southwest Memorial Hospital
- The Pinon Project (Cortez)
HCUTE also provides classes for College Readiness, Healthcare Career Introductions, and computer skills, as well as survey instruction in math and writing to help students make the most of their choices and motivation. Those who are still completing their GED or HiSET are welcome to join!
Our goal is to help you make progress quickly, so that you can begin better earnings or advance to new licensure levels sooner. We host a range of support features, flexible learning options, and diverse employment outcomes. Courses rotate frequently. Please contact us to find out if you qualify!
This document was supported by Grant 90FX0008 from the Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of HHS.